Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Plain Jayne

Today was a workshop day and so it was a very plain Jayne day. I wore jean capris and a white shirt. Whoa! Crazy I know! I ended up being freezing so I kept on my jacket the entire time which ended up being a good thing because I spilled coffee all down my front and my jacket is rain resistant. Ha! Take that stains!


 With my jacket. It's a Columbia jacket that I'm obsessed about.


I was on Facebook last night and saw something that sparked my interest.


It made me think about the fact that I've been having a Diet Coke twice a day. I had stopped drinking pop for a while but then got back into the habit. I started having headaches more often (which might also be because of the fact that I haven't had acupuncture in a while). So I've decided to only have soda when I go out--which isn't very often.

"The longer the shelf life, the shorter the human life." I think that right there says it all. I just wish I could buy more types of fresh produce but it's hard when you like by yourself and all the portions are so huge. I must find away around that. I think I'll have to take advantage of the farmer's markets this summer.

*FYI--I've gone running three times this week. While I was sick I took a two week break and I've started back up on week 5 of c25k. It'a not so bad. It feels really good to run again!

Also, I had to add a picture of my fabulous running hair. I can put my hair in piggies!


4 comments:

  1. Also, Diet Coke contains a lot of sodium, which is not good. Pete's dad absolutely hates Diet Coke because he saw some sort of TV special about it. Ask him about it sometime and he'll get on a long tirade! Glad you're getting off of it! I think everyone needs to get back to water. This country is far too obsessed with weird, sugary drinks!

    I love that Columbia jacket. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, one trick for making sure you're using up all of the produce you buy is to make smoothies. I don't even use ice cubes in mine--just freeze some bananas to help with the consistency. You can put anything in a smoothie--leftover spinach, avocados, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli...Just make sure you have some berries on-hand to sweeten the flavor! I LOVE raspberry smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree that you should get off the soda. Of course that's the pot calling the kettle black since I drink coffee and Chrystal Light - but only about 1-2 a day.

    Congrats on 3 days of running and day 9 of your challenge. Love that you title it plain JaYne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the smoothie idea. I'll have to post my smoothie adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete