I have been busy! Whew! So much going on. It would take me a long, long time to update you on my work-life but I won't, because I love you too much.
Today was Activity Day! I took 400 some middle schoolers to Valleyfair. It was an interesting day because we didn't know if it was going to rain or not. It ended up being very sunny. We went on about 3 rides all day long. Thankfully, as a chaperone, I didn't have to pay to get in. It was great to see the kids in another light.
The only other thing in my life thats worth mentioning is: PORTFOLIOS! I am grading 150 of them and they each take about a half hour. I have to grade them all by the end of school (June 6th). I love reading them because I get to see the kids in a whole other way. It's an entire binder all about themselves--which they love making because what middle schooler doesn't like talking about themselves. I actually wish I could spend more time on each one but because of the sheer volume, I'm not able to.
So far it looks like I'll be in St. Cloud another year. I'm looking forward to it because that means that I can use what I've learned from this year and make it better. I also need to get a better stool to sit on when I teach next year...
*Side Note* I've recently become addicted to texting. :-)
Labels
Teaching
(30)
Weight Watchers
(13)
cooking
(13)
Running
(12)
Clothing Challenge
(11)
Food
(10)
Clothes
(8)
Photography
(8)
family
(6)
Exercising
(5)
Reading
(5)
weight loss
(5)
Hair
(4)
Puppies
(4)
Apple Products
(3)
Camping
(3)
DIY
(3)
Shoes
(3)
Travel
(3)
Anne Frank
(2)
BWCA
(2)
Canoeing
(2)
Christmas
(2)
Half-Marathon
(2)
Movies
(2)
90s
(1)
Boundary Waters
(1)
Bucket List
(1)
Hunger Games
(1)
MarchSelfie
(1)
cats
(1)
flash mob
(1)
iPad
(1)
iPod
(1)
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A BOY. She recently became addicted to text a boy! :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for your DATE TOMORROW NIGHTICAN'TBELIEVEYOUDIDN'TMENTIONITYOURLOVELIFEISSOENTERTAINING!
I'm so glad you had decent weather for the Valley Fair day and that there were no unfortunate incidents! As for the portfolios, keep chipping away at them and before you know it you to could be on summer vacation ...except for Grad School. Looking forward to next weekend!
ReplyDelete