First things first: I lost 2.4 lbs this week! Total that's: 8.6 lbs. Personally, I am a little excited, but I also don't see a difference and feel like my weight is always bouncing up and down within my current weight and my starting weight. I know I'm losing so that's good. I'm not trying to down play what's happened so far but I'm excited for when
I'll start noticing a difference. I'd love to feel phenomenal in a two-piece at some point this summer... I think that's my goal.
In other news, I'm growing herbs on my deck! I don't get any sun until late evening (which is nice for the temperature in my apartment but not great for plants). I'm growing basil, cilantro, and parsley. I'm really excited to grow the cilantro because my
Black Bean and Couscous Salad uses fresh cilantro. When it's grown a bit bigger I can just take what I need from my plant!
Tonight I made a meal of couscous and
Grilled Cuban Pork Tenderloin. It was very easy to make but I really wish I could've really grilled the pork tenderloin. There's something to say about the charcoal marks and the feel of a summer's night when you're grilling. I was really worried about making sure it got to the right temperature so I'm afraid my couscous sat a little longer than I would've liked. This time I made sure to stir it with a fork right away after 5 minutes and it didn't get clumpy. I'm learning!
It was very good! You can definitely taste the lime but it was a nice kick. Next time I'd have a side salad too and find some fun spices/herbs to put into the couscous. One thing I'll mention is that I was nervous because the large part of the loin was still a little pink. I'm terrified to get food poisoning so I quick looked it up online. The
USDA says as long as it gets to the 145 degrees and you let it sit for 3 minutes it's safe to eat.
Happy, healthy eating everyone! I think the next thing I need to make is
baked cheese balls!
Your herb garden is so cute! I want to try one, too! And it's fun to see the recipes you're trying. I think SOMEbody likes couscous!
ReplyDeletePersonally, I'm stoked about how your first weeks are going on the program, but I understand your cautious optimism!
So I totally commented on your last blog about this blog...doh! Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts of pork! You'll have to make that for me and we will grill it.
ReplyDelete