Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fruit!

I love summer because it means there are so many fruits that are in season. I've been enjoying cherries and strawberries this week. I found this nice chart that shows you when different produce is in season. (Click on the image to go to the website the image is from.)


One of my favorite light meals is an English muffin (if you buy the light English muffins they're only 2 WW points!) with cream cheese and some fresh strawberries on the side.


I've also been obsessed with cherries for a snack! I need to watch how much fruits I'm eating though, I love that all fruits and most veggies are zero WW points, but I know that with everything, moderation is key because they have natural sugars. "Natures candy" as my mom would say. ;-)



Good info for your pocket:



In other news I have officially (and finally!) moved into week 6 of C25K! I was having a hard time with the day two of week 5 (two 8 minute runs) and was worried to go into day 3 (one 20 minute run). I always get so beat from running because my heart rate gets so high, so today I really kept an eye on my heart rate and tried to keep it around 150; I didn't let it get higher than 170 by running slower than normal. By keeping an eye on my heart rate I was able to run for the full 20 minutes easy! I probably could've run longer. I ran inside on a treadmill so I'm wondering if running outside would be much different in terms of heart rate.

Now that school is out I am going to be able to focus more on my running. I'm hoping to get a full-on addiction to running this summer so I'll want to make time for it next school year. :-)

...not that I condone addictions. But a healthy one like this, hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Blueberries! I'm addicted to blueberries! I'd been enjoying cherries thing, but they take more work, so blueberries are my thing now. :)

    That's so great that you're up to 20 minutes on your runs! Keep going, Doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really helpful information, I like the chart on when fruits and veggies are available. You're really doing well with WW but even better, you're trying new and healthy foods and new recipes. You definitely are your dad's daughter!!

    ReplyDelete