Wednesday, April 11, 2012

End of the Quarter

I am dead to the world. O.K. This is not some emo/depressed post. I'm just so busy that people might start thinking I am dead. I have to keep it short, but I wanted to talk about two things.

The end of the quarter is this Friday. I hate this time of the year. So much to do and so much to make sure I have accounted for. I also have grad school this Saturday so I probably won't post again until after that since I have to prepare for class on top of all the grading. Gah!

The other thing I wanted to talk about is my boot camp instructor from this weekend. She's mean. ;-) I went running with Kate three times this last (long) weekend! How awesome is that? She made me run more than I have before and it was hard. I was also a huge baby about it too. Poor Kate. The last run we ran straight for 20 minutes but I made her pause for me half-way through. I seriously did think I was going to be sick but she was very motivating because I didn't want to make her annoyed with my lack of running endurance. If you know me and Kate, you know that I want to do what she's doing. If she's annoyed with me, than maybe she won't let me tag along on her runs. We can't have that. Like I said, good motivation.

So Kate really isn't mean at all--she's a wonderful person do exercise with because she has amazing focus. I want to be like Kate, always have. :-)

Maybe I have three things I want to talk about (this is getting longer than I anticipated). Today we had school and my students came in with the same question, "Did you get your hair cut?" Then came the follow-up suggestions. "You should make a fro!" "You should get a perm and make it bigger!" "You shouldn't cut it again until this time next year." Middle schoolers are so opinionated. I don't think I'll take their suggestions though...

Videos of Cosmo... because I just can't stop filming him.

Cosmo running into the camera after trying to chase Pixie (who did NOT want to play with him)

Cosmo falls over while playing...

Cosmo's Big Butt

Cosmo's Run

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, he is solo cute! I love the last video! I don't know how to play with; my mom, my aunt, my mom, my aunt!

    Psh, Pixie doesn't know how to play... Wait until Zoie comes home! She tried to play with a stray dog today, he didn't know how to play either.

    The week is almost over! You can do it! And only one more quarter until SUMMER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! I LOVE the story about the stray dog. I just imagine Zoie saying, "NEW FRIEND??"

      Delete
  2. You make me sound so ruthless! I would never uninvite you from my runs! I love having a friend along and you make me want to run faster than my usual snail's pace. And you did very well on such a long run considering you haven't had nearly as much training as I have. I can't wait to take on the Warrior Dash with you!

    ReplyDelete