My lovely aunt Marily got my a gift card to Kohl's for Christmas so I decided to use it for frames because my old cork boards were too "college roomish." I'm really excited to watch it grow!
I saw my friend Julie had an old oven rack to hang jewelry and I thought that'd be a fun project. I decided to use chicken wire and attach it to a pretty frame. It took me a while to find a frame I liked. I had been searching in antique stores but eventually found one I liked at Michael's. I spray painted the ugly, green chicken wire with white paint and tacked it on with 3/8" double pointed staples. The hardest part was trying to keep the chicken wire flat. I think it turned out pretty well.
Love the jewelry hanger! I love that you went antiquing and in the end bought it from Michael's! All paths lead to Michael's...
ReplyDeleteWhere'd you get the chicken wire?
I bought the wire at the hardware store. I think it was near the gardening area. I have a TON left over because I had to buy it in a roll. I MAY have to do something with it for gifts at Christmastime. :-)
ReplyDelete