I ate McDonalds today and I haven't been tracking my points all week long. I have gone running twice this week and I haven't been going crazy with food--I just haven't been tracking.
Love, Doll
Everyday I look forward to a few things:
1. Watching my current obsession on Netflix (currently I'm on season six of Dr. Who and OMG River Song! What?!) with a ice cold diet coke on my couch
2. Playing Smurf Village
3. Sleep
But most importantly:
4. Reading my sister's blog
My sister is doing such an amazing job getting healthy that she is motivating me to get off my butt and take charge. The piece I am always missing is the accountability part. (I always remember how to spell piece by thinking, "I'd sure want a PIEce of rhubarb PIE now!") I am hoping to start writing in this blog because I can be honest and get support/accountability when I've been naughty; let's face it, I will be naughty. It's been such fun to read my sister's blog because she's a fantastic writer. In addition to that, she just got a new puppy and posts adorable pictures!
OK, enough about my amazing twin. Let's talk about me. I'm trying to do Weight Watchers and it's been going fine, except for the tracking part. The hardest meal I have is dinner. I live in an apartment alone, so when I cook something, I'll be eating all the left-overs and it gets old. I currently have five cups of Chicken Wild Rice Soup in my freezer. It's delicious but I can only eat it so many times in a row. I've made it three times (it made about 7 servings for me each time) because I wanted to make it while the rosemary was still fresh. Maybe I should have used the rosemary for other things like a home scent that smells like Williams Sonoma.
Love that you're blogging! I think you're off to a good start, educating yourself about nutrition. Now you just need to keep a food log so you can go back and see what's working and what's not! Looking forward to running with you on Sunday, Doll!
ReplyDeleteOh Abbie... I wish you didn't live so far away! I would totally do a food exchange with you. If you and your sis are going to meet up to go running, why don't you swap food out when you get together?
ReplyDeleteSometimes my friend Kara and I do that. That way instead of having 7 containers of WR soup, you can have 3 of WR soup and 4 containers of whatever she makes. It's also nice because you can try recipes you wouldn't usually try if you were just cooking for yourself.
Sometimes we don't do meals, we do ff pudding and homemade applesauce or just fruit that way can buy the whole melon but won't end up wasting it.
Just a suggestion! Good luck! :) I'm going to be joining you in a couple months after this lil girl is born!
Glad you're blogging too! It's a great way to keep a journal and since you have 'readership' you'll have to stay motivated on your c25k and ww. Can't wait to see you Sunday and maybe even get to see Cosmo.
ReplyDelete