Thursday, March 14, 2013

Zucchini Boats, A Must Make!

This last weekend, Nik and I invited Geoff to have dinner with us. It was rather fun to hang out with him. We made him lemon chicken, rice, and zucchini boats. He mentioned that he is not used to eating food with so much flavor. He must be missing grilling season and I don't blame him!

The lemon chicken I completely guessed on. I threw some awesome seasoning that Nik had in his pantry, cut up a lemon, and placed it on top of the chicken. I just baked it for 30-40 minutes at something like 400 degrees. I flipped the chicken half way and kept checking on them to see if they were done.

Even though the chicken was great, in my mind, the main event was the zucchini boats.


Here's how you make them, I found the recipe here if you're interested:

Cut your zucchini in half and spoon out the seeds. Make sure to cut a little off the bottom because they roll around if you don't. Brush them with minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.


Place tomatoes on top. I used Roma tomatoes but you could use cherry, regular, or whatever. They all work.


Put bread crumbs on top and place in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.


After your take it out of the oven put a ton of mozzarella cheese (or whatever cheese you like) on top. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Lastly, drizzle a little olive oil on it. Put it back in the oven and wait for the cheese to melt and bubble a bit.

Eat and enjoy. Repeat as necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to be so late to comment! I read this post this morning on my phone and then forgot to come back to weigh in. I think this meal looks fantastic! I'm excited to make it next week! Pete doesn't think it will be that great (especially because it doesn't have pepperoni on it), but if Geoff liked it, Pete is sure to like it! The pictures are really good, too! You should adjust the colors, though! I'll show you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/K_Fievel/zboats_zps79847fa1.jpg

    ReplyDelete