Thursday, November 1, 2012

Roasted Garlic--Potato Soup

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

I wanted to tell you about what I did last Sunday. Because it's fall and I am craving soup, Nik and I decided to give this recipe that I found on Pinterest a try. We even invited my brother, Geoff and mom to join us and be our guinea pigs. It was a very fun, impromptu evening.

Roasted Garlic-Potato Soup




The only difficult part was getting the "pulp" out of the roasted garlic. Well, I shouldn't say it was difficult for me. Nik took care of that part, ha! Apparently, it's messy. We used 3 garlic heads instead of 5. I probably would've been ok with less. I'd definitely make it again, but next time I'd use ham stock and add ham instead of bacon. It reminded me of my dad's split pea soup. Maybe I'll have to make that sometime soon.

In other news:
Kate and I completed our third 5K. It was sunny and I was pooped! Very proud of us though!

We did a pedal pub that night. It was a fun time--BUT HOLY WORK OUT! 



2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures of you and Nik on the Pedal Pub. The soup was delish but I agree with the ham and ham stock. That would really enhance the flavor.
    Looking forward to an italian meal next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart this post! You guys are adorable!

    But I am a little hurt that I wasn't even told about the dinner on Sunday. You didn't even tell me when you were over on Wednesday. :(

    ReplyDelete